How to Create a Site Map
Here’s a short video on how to create a site map.
Keep the following in mind
- Add the name of the website and date as the title for the site map.
- Avoid including a splash page, this is less common in contemporary sites.
- Be sure to include lines connecting pages to sub-pages. (Refer to the sample site map in the video)
- Draw a symbol that looks like one page on top of another to represent multiple pages
- Include a page (box) at the end of the horizontal line instead of the long line leading to nothing.
- Clean up the meeting point of the vertical and horizontal lines for each page (box). Make it pretty!
- Don’t forget the alpha-numerical labeling: A, A.1, B, B.1, C, C.1 etc. See the site map in the video.
- Normally, you draw the map so all the sections appear on the same horizontal line.
- Normally, you draw the boxes so they are similar in size.
- Save the site map as a .pdf
Example of a Site Map